Friday 27 September 2019

Introduction



About Me

My name is Zhen Li. A 21 years old student currently attending TUD. 
My hobbies are video games and drawing.

Le Hobbies

I have played a lot of games and have a lot of favourites. Warframe, Red Alert 2, Touhou, etc. I have made a blog on just one of my favourite games; Contra Hard Corps. You can find the blog here. I want to have fun. Games are fun. Put the two together. I play games for fun. Easy. EZ.
I might even make my own games at some stage. Who knows?

I love to draw from time to time and I have to thank Anime and Manga for that. I even bought a tablet so I can start drawing semi-professionally. 

I currently have a personal project that I'm working on. I code-named it 'Project Helios' (temporary). It's a manga about an intergalactic expeditionary corps traveling through a warp portal and ending up on a planet that has many similarities to Earth. On this planet, there's a human civilization that has established an empire with its own history and has knowledge of the use of magic. The expeditionary corps has to set up a base on the ground and establish good relations with the locals. However...
Our crew not only has to fight off the empire's armies that constantly seek to conquer everything, they also have to deal with the empire's infighting that may result in a full-scale war.

I'm still on the early 1% beginning stage, creating characters, space suits, weapons etc. before starting on story and settings. The progress is crawling so don't expect too much during this college year.



FOOD!

Now, some good stuff. Wanna know what my favourite food is?
It's a special regional food from where I was born in China; Fried Pork in Scoop.

Bathe yourself in its magnificent golden glow.
Recipe: here
History: here
To put it simply, this is golden deep fried pork loin, sweet and sour in taste, crispy exterior and tender interior. I have loved this dish since I was a child and nothing has ever changed my mind. The sauce is so strong, on the first sniff it always sting your nose. Find out about this dish on your own time, it's definitely worth it.

Music

When talking about music I don't have any particular preferences. If the music tickles my eardrums in the right way, I just might like it. Although I can confidently tell you that many music I like came from video games and Anime. So don't be surprised when you find several remixes of the same song on my phone. I mean, those Japanese really know how to spice up a single song in so many ways.

Memes

I consume memes daily. Need I say more?


That's all I can say about myself. I hope this year goes well for everyone and good luck on whatever it is you want to do.

12 comments:

  1. Hey Zhen!

    I remember playing Red Alert 2 on the PS1 as a child and it was the most difficult thing ever. There was a level where you start with only three engineers or something and have to build up and survive in enemy territory. Eight year old me thought this was the hardest thing ever (and scariest for some reason?).

    I love the manga idea - it paints a very vivid picture. I'm looking forward to seeing progress in the years to come!

    I'm sorry, but why did you have to post a picture of the tastiest looking food I have ever seen? I absolutely adore sweet and sour, and this way of doing the pork looks like something I need right now. That recipe shall be used!

    Really nice blog! Well laid out and plenty of information about you. Keep it up!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zhen,

    Really nice blog, cool to see you play games like Red Alert 2 since I used to play that as well when I was younger. Also pretty badass to see you're working on your own manga because i'm a big anime and manga fan myself. Great blog overall with nothing to criticize.

    P.S I am also a daily meme consumer.

    Keep up the good blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fellow Communist Comrade also known as Zhen !

    I really like your blog, it was easy to read and very fun too ! I never played Red Alert 2 but I have heard of it and after my sniper finally hits THE DAMN ALIEN, IT'S A 99% SHOT HOW DID YOU MISS ?! I mean after I done beating Xcom1 (again) then I might give it a try ? Thank god I'm writing this after eating, otherwise I would be trying out that recipe.

    I can't wait to read your blog in the future !

    Y.I.S/Fellow Comrade
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zhen :)

    Great blog! I really enjoyed reading about you. I see you really like your video games lucky you you must know so much about them already without this module- I am the opposite I've no idea about any of these !

    Loved your blog cant wait to read more :) !
    Jen C Byrne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Zhen, how's it hanging my fellow weeb/memer/etc. I just had a read through your intro and I must say I really dig it yo, I like how you are working on your own manga series, I understand the progress will inevitably be slow but I really am excited to see more of it develop whenever it does indeed come up. I am interested in learning all about your favorite food, it sounds really nice and probably a necessity to try when you go to China. Never hear of that Contra title, sounds really cool though. I hope to enjoy the rest of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Zhen,

    I can see you are enjoying blogging because you went all out like you are talking about your life and I really enjoyed what you said about FOOD! but anyway I would just like to say thank you for the recipe in advance ;3 but good blog. It was very nice

    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Zhen :)
    I enjoyed reading and learning more about you. I also love to play games and it's one of my hobbies. I've never played any of the games that are your favourite but I'm sure you have a great taste in games. My favourite games would be GTA 5 and Fifa. I've never tried your favourite food but I would be willing to try it. Was nice to read your blog and learn more about your hobbies etc.
    Cya soon,
    Aaron Hogan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zhen
    I really enjoyed reading your introduction today and I found it very interesting and very well written.
    I see you a big gamer. I myself only play fifa a few times a week so I am a very small time gamer compared to you.

    I also love the fact you are working on projects outside of college as that will be so good for your portfoloio and should enhance your job opportunities once you complete this course.
    I really enjoyed reading this blog and I look forward to reading more in the near future
    Aaron C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Zhen,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning more about you I do not play a lot of games so lets skip that part hahah I really like drawing so nice to see that a lot of people do as well I like that you are also working on personal project on top of all your college work hats of to you I have never tried fried pork in scoop but it sounds very interesting anyway I hope to read more from you soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Zhen
    I enjoyed reading your blog and I found it Interesting. I never played the game Red Alert 2 but it sounds fun. I have never read a manga before I’m sure even what it really is but it’s cool to see that your doing something like that. Also that food looks amazing and would love to try it.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Zhen Li,

    I have never played Warframe myself but I have been told that it isn’t that good by a couple of my friends. I have never tried fried pork in scoop but I might have to give it a go now that you like it so much. I find a lot of people are like that with music, if it sounds good, they’re going to like it and they don’t really care about the genre.

    I look forward to reading some of your future blogs.

    -Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Zhen,

    YOUR ART IS SO GOOD! i really want to read that manga now it sounds so cool. is there a certain style to the manga that you want to go for???

    that food dish looks to good to be true, is it hard to make?
    with all the drawing you do im sure you could find a career in art very quickly! You should think about starting to sell commission pieces over the breaks from college.
    cant wait to learn more
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...