Thursday 17 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 3


Unity Tutorial 3 - Week 5

Ok, we were using a tutorial from a different site this week and I have to say, 'it's not the best'. This dynamic clock that we're making is alot harder to follow compared to the tutorials we had before.
The clock itself is mainly comprised of the normal shapes we can simply add in like cubes and cylinders. the indicators and the hour indicators are the same as well. Although the clock hands had some positioning issues at first for me, it was immediately resolved.

The making of the clock face, the hour indicators and all the arms was fine up until the part where I have to put in the script where the many issues came up.

First of all, the codes were too long and repetitive to a degree. Perhaps it's just that I'm not too fond of coding, I couldn't follow the tutorial very well.

There's also the case where because perhaps due to the older 2017 version of Unity not containing the codes necessary for certain parts of the tutorial. Check out this image below:


11 errors. Doesn't it just look wonderful...

There are certain codes that visual studio doesn't recognize and they appear as red-lines on the studio. I just don't know why this is going wrong. I downloaded a new version of visual studio and that didn't work so I assumed that Unity may not have the codes in its files and therefore cannot recognize it. 

If you're having the same issue, give me a comment talking about this problem or give solutions in case anyone in the comment have the same issue.

Thank you for reading.
Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...