Thursday 14 November 2019

Unity Tutorial 6 / Prototype 2


Unity Tutorial 6 /Prototype 2


Since we're told to find our own tutorials, I went to find an Unity tutorial which helps me make a weapon fire and in essence, fire the dodgeball launcher in the game.

(A ball-throwing animation is too time-consuming to make, so I made a ball launcher for convenience.)

The tutorial I was using is this one: here.

In this tutorial, Brackeys showed how to set up a script for an entity to take damage and use the Raycast script we learned from Jimmy Vegas' tutorial for where the projectile will land when the gun is fired.

However, this only applies to guns and hit-scan projectiles, which are projectiles that instantly reach the spot you're aiming at. My projectiles needs to have a travel time so I picked another video.

Here's the link.

BurgZerg_Arcade does a tutorial on how to create projectiles and make them move forward. There is a bit of scripting but it seems manageable.

If you need help in either making a ranged weapon work or want to how to make a projectile, these two can help you out quite a lot.

This is the first person view.
I haven't fully implemented the projectile script yet due to some errors that
occur everytime I tried to move my character model.
It was a real pain in the a**.

Often times, the character model gets stuck just a few pixels below ground everytime I want to edit the camera slightly. Fixing it was easy but because it happen frequently, it can be a headache.


Here is the character model,using Seth Ward's "Sleek Toon Bot" asset.
It's a decent model suitable for any use.
Animating it isn't too hard to understand once you get the gist of it.
I had to remove the original animations that came with the model so I can make my own simpler animations. Eg. the right arm with the weapon needs to be up at all times during all the animations. 

Besides all that I hope you find this useful (to whatever degree...).
Good luck on your prototype.

Have a nice day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...