Thursday 27 February 2020

Semester 2 Week 5 - Unity 5


Week 5 Unity

Alright. Same week, same story. The scripts gave me a bit of issues. I crashed because of constant fatigue for the past month and does not have the energy to fix every nook and cranny.

The good thing is I got everything except two working so that's good news.


First, the tutorial was okay enough. The Instantiate, box collider, etc. was easy to put in but for whatever reason refuses to work together. The food projectile does not collide with the animals, therefore can not destroy the GameObject.

This took too long to do for what's given.
The challenge was relatively simple but despite simplicity, it still refused to work. The ball spawner just needs to be moved up. The destroy object script for both objects can be confusing but I'll leave this late reminder/hint: click on the dog in the play mode and look at the dog's position in the inspector. If on your file, the dog is moving toward a negative direction, you have to change the script accordingly(This took almost an hour for me to figure out).

However, I tried everything I can to make sure the ball spawner spawned three balls instead of one. I even copy and pasted the script from this week's tutorial (of course with some adjustments). It still doesn't work...
At least I got the majority of them to work somehow.

The reading will have to be dropped this week, I've been trying to find more sources to make an adequate paragraph but to no avail. Finding journal and other peer-reviewed sources for game world purpose and game aesthetic choice is about as scarce as snow sticking to the ground in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...