Wednesday 20 November 2019

Week 9 - Review Week Comments and Feedback


Review Week Comments and Feedback


In this blog, I will discuss what I think of the Comments and Feedback that we had to do over this semester.

Overall, I find the feedback quality to be very nice. People are all very supportive and offered great advice and proposal to changes. Such feedback are excellent for anyone building a game as it offers insights and ideas that may not come across your mind at times. These can help the game grow little by little with reassurance and constructive criticism results.
The most useful kind of feedback are definitely the ones that offer new ideas, mechanics, etc.
which can make nice additions to the game. Of course, the decision to add those additions are up to the individual but the option being there is rather nice.

My feedback strategy is loosely based on the articles I read in Week 4. First giving praise to the idea/progress made by the individual, offer insight and ideas that can help reinforce the mechanics they intend to use, then give criticism and offer changes that can help improve the game further. There are times that I didn't give any criticisms because it appear that people already have a solid idea of what they're doing and my criticism will decrease their work momentum. This is because of the effects of last-minute changes made in game development often result in disturbance of work momentum. It's easier for people to point out mistakes and fix them after the progress is done and the "bug-fixing" period starts.

The comments are always a great way to communicate on a daily basis but I feel like that it may appear forced at times but that's just how I feel. If we can use these comments for occasional talks and idea sharing, but the weekly assignment to comment takes the value of commenting away to a point where the feeling of discussion fall apart due to people just writing random stuff in the comments. Although if that's the purpose, then that's alright with me.

I think this system is very nice because the assignment are always consistent during the week that we can always slot time in to do them when other work starts to pile in. After fixing my game in Unity, the consistency of these assignments schedules can help greatly in the future.

That's all I can think of right now.
Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...