Thursday 21 November 2019

Week 9 - Progress


Week 9 - Progress


So I looked at my points up until Week 8 (the week 8 and week 9 grades were switched. Keep an eye out), I have a drastic drop in the early weeks but that is explained through some email. It was because I was intending to use the mercy period of which I have no idea how to activate it. I did tell Shaun about it so he may have a different record of the grades.

Overall the weekly routine is manageable. I messed up on the early weeks and had to rely on the mercy periods but eventually it became more and more easy to deal with. The Unity tutorials definitely was the most enjoyable part because seeing progress being made and things coming together is very satisfying. Although the Thursdays where we have to pick our own tutorials were definitely difficult, due to differing versions, incompatible scripts and several visual studio breakdowns. But again, once I get Unity working and made a bit of progress, the accomplishment feels really good.
I haven't had the chance to do any of the extra credits but I've only started recently and I have to say that it's rather entertaining to do. And since I am going to need some credits, they might become mandatory.

I think this current system is manageable and fits easily into the schedule of the semester. Of course, that will depend of the schedule and timetable of the new semester. After all, it could be better or worse. I want to try and do some extra credit tasks more often this time around for better grade/safeguard against missed marks. Adjusting to college after Summer was probably one of the primary reasons for my lack of effort in the first few weeks but I can change that. When talking about something new, I think that a basics class for Unity and C# every now and then can help out really well. For example, a lot of games may require a basic health and damage system, damage, movement speed. Even something slightly more complicated like Enemy AI, enemy attack AI, are all essential in Unity and having just one class where we can learn these basics can help really well.

Best quote I've ever heard. 

This is all I have to say for my own progress so far.
Hope you had a nice time up to now in campus.

Have a nice day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...