Monday 10 February 2020

Semester 2 Week 2 - Reading 2


Reading 2 - Reflective component 
(I dunno what to name this blog...)

This booklet thing is DEFINITELY quite overwhelming. The amount of research required and sources that needs to be sited, the amount of work that goes into using the Matrix...

Not going to lie, the matrix thing is rather confusing to use, or it's just me and my bad English...

However, I have a clear idea as to how I'm going to approach my chosen topics. That's a plus.

First, the purpose of a game world:
Game worlds are there to fully immerse you into its culture, mechanics, lore, people, and... well, the world itself. There wasn't any actual articles or research notes on game world on their own. However, since worldbuilding itself is not just a term applicable to games, I can look up how worldbuilding is done on other mediums; novels, movies, etc. This may or may not make my life easier but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Second, Realism VS Animation:
I know it's referring to the aesthetic choice of which the game world is presented; whether to depict it with realistic or cartoonish rendering and how it can affect the look of the game world. I have basic knowledge when it comes to this thing so I have a clear picture as to how this topic can be researched. Does the stylistic choice of the game affect how we experience world of the game? Does it immerse us into the world or not? These questions are also applicable to drawing and animation since the approach to the topic is similar in those regards.

Words: Too long
English requirement: ERROR
The sources are coming in nicely, even though they're all articles and blogs...


I am really slow and confused when it comes to the matrix and the whole ORGANISING part but I can handle it.

Zhen Li.


1 comment:

Semester 2 Week 6 - Unity 6

Unity Tutorial 6 Alright there's something wrong with Unity today. For the tutorial, there a section that requires you to set up &qu...